So, if one is walking out of a movie hall with one’s husband (and best friend, I might add), and the first and only thing one can think of saying is – “I want to marry Farhan Akhtar!” – does that mean anything?
No, just wondering. Out of curiosity.
So, anyway – I loved Karthik Calling Karthik. And here are the reasons why:
- Read Brangan’s fantastically-written review to find out why you’ll love the movie. I swear I’m in love with the man’s writing!
- Farhan Akhtar’s acting. It’s partly low-key, wallflower-type – done superbly; partly fun, intelligent, nice guy – done fantastically again; and partly, dark, negative and fantastic!
- The story moves along quickly through the first half, and even though I’d sort of guessed how it would resolve itself, parts of the film still spooked me out.
- The music – noisy, electronic, disorienting, even jarring sometimes – and fits the film so well.
- Even Deepika Padukone – even though I don’t really like her that much normally – she really fits the role here, and plays Shonali quite well.
- The opening credits – loved how they set the tone of the film so well.
- Farhan Akhtar – and how hot he is!
For now, lots of plans for the weekend. Party at some friends’ place tonight, a Heritage Walk early tomorrow morning, and then it’s Brat’s birthday too tomorrow. 🙂