Have been dying to do this tag, but just haven’t had the time. Here goes now…
I alternate between two bags actually. One is a blue denim Levis backpack which I’d bought in a moment of insanity, but I really love it still. The bag I usually carry though is this black and tan leather one, that Mom had bought me early last year. It’s black and tan, so goes with most colours in clothes and shoes. It looks deceptively compact, but I am usually able to stuff a lot of things into it. And that’s my kind of bag – the kind that one can stuff a lot of useless essentials into. 😀
Anyway, at this moment, my bag contains (in no particular order of importance):
- My camera, in the camera bag, which also carries extra sets of batteries, a bluetooth adaptor, and the installation CD for the bluetooth adaptor. All of this is, of course, horribly bulky – but I insist on carrying my camera with me. Always. (I just realised – this makes my camera the equivalent of Linus’ blanket. I wonder what a psychologist would make of that.)
- Money, loose coins, passport size photos, debit cards – all inside one of the pockets of the bag. My waller got stolen a few months back – and I haven’t bought a new one since.
- Ticket stubs from some movie that we saw quite a few months back obviously, because even the ink has faded into oblivion.
- One Revlon Fabuliner eyeliner, one Revlon Fabulash mascara, two Revlon ColourStay lipsticks (one called Smoothest Wine, and the other Mocha Silk), another Revlon lipstick called Coffee Break, one Revlon compact, a Pure Poison body moisturiser (which I absolutely love!), Nivea hand cream, a flat toothed comb and a hair brush, one compact little mirror, one of those sets that have a collection of eyeshadow and blusher shades in it, and a brush to apply this with, my contact lens case, along with a pair of spectacles, and my sunglasses. (WHEW! That’s a lot – I know! This is because when I leave home in the morning, I have no idea of the evening’s plans mostly, and this…erm…’emergency kit’ has saved me on many a occassion, when I may not have been dressed to the nines, but with a little bit of very neutral make-up I have managed to look like I made at least a little effort. Though normally, I do always wear eyeliner and a neutral lipstick.)
- ATM receipts. Lots of them. (Note to self: Must throw these out. And must stop collecting.)
- One necklace and ear rings make of seeds. (Yes, I did say seeds.) A colleague got me this from Shantiniketan, and it’s STILL in my bag. Must remember to take it out when I get home tonight.
- One book called State of Poetry, by Roger McGough.
- One diary to note down stuff.
- My cheque book.
- My phone charger.
- Two camera tapes. (Must return to office library.)
- A box of my visiting cards.
- A pair of earphones for my Nokia phone.
See? I told you it fits in a lot! 😀